Dolphintherapy theory course
This course is part of the dolphintherapist training program and the basic training course of the DOLPHINSWIM Networkers program.
You want in-depth information on Dolphin assisted therapy? You need profound information on dolphin assisted therapy for your study or your job? You want to become DOLPHINSWIM Networker eventually? Then this course is the right thing for you!
The curriculum of the Dolphintherapy theory course includes the following topics:
- Dolphins: Zoological basics, social behavior and intelligence of dolphins
- Ethics and animal welfare issues at Animal Assisted Therapy, Conservation of species maritime habitats
- Introduction into Animal Assisted Therapy
- Introduction into the history of man-dolphin interactions and the significant approches of DAT and introduction into Alpha-Therapie
- Introduction into the therapeutic and pedagogic concept of Alpha-Therapy: The cultural historical school and Montessori-pedagogics
- Alpha-Therapy practically: Handling practice at the indoor swimming pool
- Introduction into Dolphin assisted therapy research
- Communication with parents/care takers of DAT-clients with special needs
- Introduction into Psychotherapy: schools and methods
Upcoming courses: 27.4.-4.5.2019
Location: Spittal an der Drau, Austria
Snacks and accommodation (with own sleeping-bag) at the seminar house are included.
Admission: EUR 840.-
What is the DOLPHINSWIM networker-program?
Participants of the course can become a Dolphinswim networker, which is our sales team. Our networkers represent our institute in their home country built customer relations and perform sales activities. This course is a basic training in the field of dolphin assisted therapy. We provide our participants with the knowledge and practical experience with dolphins (optional), knowledge on adequate sales methods and strategies, tools like ready to go sales presentations and a close network of supporters.
For this course there a no entrance qualifications required.